The best way to instantly connect a MacBook with your desktop or home theater while streamlining space and reducing cable clutter
NEW YORK – SPECIAL TO CE WEEK (Booth #161) – June 25, 2014 -- Henge Docks announces the release of its Vertical Docking Station for MacBook Pro with Retina Display, a custom-designed dock that provides the best features of a laptop, desktop and a media center PC all from one computer, while simultaneously saving desk space, reducing cable clutter and showcasing the MacBook’s sleek profile.
Requiring minimal setup with preinstalled cables and supporting Thunderbolt connectivity, the Vertical Dock provides simple, polished integration between the MacBook Pro with Retina Display and desktop or home theater without all the hassle.
“The MacBook Pro Retina Vertical Dock gives you instant connection to your peripherals that saves a lot of time and effort and reduces cable clutter with your MacBook,” stated Matthew Vroom, Henge Docks’ CEO. “It does a fantastic job of creating space on your desk and because it docks vertically, ensures the device stays ventilated and accessible. It will truly transform your workspace.”
The Vertical Docking Station is also a great addition for the living room to use the MacBook as a first-class gaming or home theater device.
With all connections preinstalled, users only need to connect the Apple MagSafe power adapter into the docking station, making the set-up of the dock incredibly simple. With two (2) preinstalled Mini DisplayPort extensions, the Vertical Docking Station for MacBook Pro with Retina Display is constructed with dual multifunction Mini DisplayPort and Thunderbolt ports, offering users a seamless transition from Apple’s stunning Retina Display to external devices like the Thunderbolt display. The Vertical Retina Dock also includes a USB 3.0 extension for maximum connectivity and TRRS audio cable for optimal sound quality. A built-in cable organizer at the rear of the dock keeps cables in place, so they won’t interfere with the user’s workspace.
A solid structure made of high-density metal alloy, the Vertical Docking Station for MacBook Pro with Retina Display offers additional stability due to its significant weight of 2.5 pounds (1.13 kg). The metal construction of the dock offers a refined look to the dock and MacBook Pro with Retina Display as a single unit.
- Thunderbolt ready. Fully compatible with both Apple Thunderbolt displays and cables to optimize performance of your MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Minimal setup, maximum versatility. Two pre-installed Mini DisplayPort extension cables offer users a seamless transition from Apple’s Retina Display to external displays. Also includes a USB 3.0 extension for instant peripheral connection and support of dual monitors with ease and TRRS audio cable for optimal sound quality.
- Cable management. Built-in cable organizer keeps your cables in place, so they won't interfere with your workspace.
- Strategic airflow. Side and rear vents maximize cooling for optimal performance.
- Clean and simple. Polished integration between your laptop, desktop and home theater, while eliminating cable clutter.
- Elegantly designed finish. Constructed of high quality metal alloy that matches the aesthetic of your MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Metal Dock Product Dimensions - 9 x 5.25 x 5.75 in / 22.86 x 13.33 x 14.61 cm
- Metal Dock Product Weight - 3.5 lbs / 1.59 kg
“This product is designed to maximize the desktop efficiency and attractiveness that our customers know and expect, combined with an improved interface that unites and broadens each user’s ecosystem,” added Vroom. “It is a perfect complement to Apple’s line of Retina Display MacBook Pros and is simply designed to save time and make life more efficient.”
Pricing and Availability
The MacBook Pro Retina Vertical Dock is available for purchase through the Henge Docks’ online store (www.hengedocks.com) for the 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Retail price for the 13-inch and 15-inch Metal edition is $119.00 and Glossy White edition is $89.00.The Vertical Docking Station for MacBook Pro with Retina Display is supported by Henge Docks' Life After Device program as a way of providing ongoing support for its products.
For more information, visit Henge Docks website at http://hengedocks.com/pages/vertical-macbook-pro-retina.
About Henge Docks
Henge Docks, LLC created the first line of truly comprehensive docking stations for Apple’s current collection of notebook computers. The company is based in San Francisco, California and is focused on designing the most elegant and effective homes for Apple devices. For more information regarding Henge Docks, please visit: www.hengedocks.com.